Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And they're off.....

Photobucket

And so it begins...it is still the 1st of October here, so technically I am still in the game. Just got back from seeing Towelhead and one of my cats was playing "Scare Aissa"...that would be Penny- she was missing for an hour!!!

Photobucket

She has her windows of love, but makes me so nervous that I start promising to give up little joys like myspace. She finally came home.

Well, for my first entry- I want to focus on two faves... the Candle Cafe's Asian Baked Tofu and Vegetarian Planet's Sesame Glazed Green Beans. Yum-my! I know I mentioned it in my last entry, but I am drawn to the East in more ways than one. Starting off with the tofu, it tastes great in a simple salad, sandwich, or alone. The beans recipe calls for honey, but agave subs just fine. Both books are awesome...obviously V Planet isn't cruelty-free, but I think it is worth owning.

Photobucket

I doubled the glaze to add a little something extra to the rice...