Monday, October 13, 2008

Cakes Without Borders

I have misplaced my camera and I am bummed. I am asking it back from the Universe.


On a lighter note...I baked a cake for my gramps, recently. He is quite the baker and it was an honor to have received his compliments...chocolate-mint with buttercream icing. That was the night that I realized my chocolate chips could only accessorize the cake...decorating improv...it was messy, but amazing. The cake recipe is from PPK....It calls for 1 and 1/2 cups of maple syrup...that is an expensive cake for San Antonio...but the best that I have tasted yet.

Mint- Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting

Photobucket

I got messy with the buttercream, but it was a beautiful mess.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

your cake looks really great. Love the chocolate on top.