Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Randomness is for lovers....

Kevin, my bff, just recently opened a burger joint and has included a home-made veggie burger as well as a portabello burger...I have donated a jar of veganaise...

The reason I bring this up is because it is pretty cool that they bake their own buns...sourdough and such...I snuck a sample of sourdough and messed around at home.

A whipped up some pesto ( basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt) and sauteed a few crimini mushrooms and added a touch of veganaise and slice tomato...HOT DAMN!!!!

Photobucket

and just because I am now relying on Gabriel's mini-digital camera...which does take amazing photos, but not like my baby...

Photobucket

Gabriel came home and had to get him some of that, but unfortunately, we had only half a tomato. Ah, the tomato....there aren't words for its gifts. I sauteed more mushrooms, red pepper, and onion and served it on some rosemary bread...again the pesto and a hit of veganaise for creaminess...

Photobucket

Photobucket

It felt good to use growing basil from the backyard...

Life is good with improv eating.

No comments: